If you’ve been waiting for the perfect excuse to love your neighbor, it’s coming up soon! On Sunday, February 5 at 6:30 PM EST on FOX, the New England Patriots will take on the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI. This is one day when everyone loves football!
Host a Soup-er Bowl Party to huddle up with your neighbors, and score some donations for a local soup kitchen or food pantry in the process.
You can host your party before the big game, or invite your neighbors to stay and watch with you.
Why it’s a Win
- It’s a great excuse to open your home to your neighbors
- People want to make a difference and will rally around a good cause
- Free food and football: need we say more?
How to Host a Souper Bowl Party
- Download and print this free invitation
- Fill in the date of your party and your contact information
- Write a personal welcome note and ask guests to bring a food donation for a local charity
- Pass out invitations to your neighbors
Best Souper Bowl Recipes
Prepare 2-3 soups for your neighbors to sample. If anyone offers to bring something, let them! Suggest an appetizer, fruit or veggie tray, dessert, drinks, or soup toppers like crackers, shredded cheese, hot sauce, green onions, sour cream, etc.
- Amy’s Tuscan Bean Soup can be made vegan and gluten free
- Zupa Toscana tastes just like your favorite Italian restaurant (tip: you can make this on the stove top or crock pot)
- Easy Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Croutons is ummm, ummm good and oh-so easy!
- My friend, Kristin, swears this is the Bestest Darndest Chili
Let us know how your Souper Bowl Party is a WIN!